This is a chapter 2 of Step-by-Step Creating a Website Guide. Which pages are linked? or which page is the most important etc. Organizing page priorities will help you when structure changes later on. I will share tips to make a sitemap and useful online tools!
Step-by-Step Creating a Website Guide: Chapter 2
- Goal: Visualizing website structure clearly
- Things you need: A piece of paper and a pen
- Knowledge Requirement: Everyone is welcome
Table of Contents
- Planning a Perfect Website Content
- Visualize Website Structure – Sitemap ←We are here!
- How to Create a Website Wireframe
- Photoshop Website Design Tutorial
- Slicing Images for Your Website with Photoshop
- Guide to HTML Semantic Markup
- Basic Process to Apply CSS to Your Website
- Let’s Publish Your Website to the World!
Easily Understandable Sitemap
Grouping Related Pages
You will pop up many ideas when you started to make a sitemap. At first, let’s write down pages that your website needs. You don’t have to care about category or hierarchy on this stage. Then grouping related pages.
Priorities of Pages
Which pages are important? Is that page really important? Put yourself on the position of your users and think about it. Sometime users don’t care of page that you think it’s important.
Don’t let users click many times
Your website is getting bigger… means users have to click many times to go to deep level of page. Let’s make your website around 2 – 3 level.
Online Tools for Creating a Sitemap
Let’s think a simple and perfect structure!